• PDF

Is the AOU accredited?

Yes. The AOU as a whole is accredited by the international accreditation agency, the Open University Validation Services (OUVS). Saudi Arabia branch has another level of accreditation from the Saudi Ministry of Higher Education and the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment. This accreditation includes all AOU regional centers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They are all equally accredited.

How can I apply for admission?

Now you can apply for admission in any of the AOU programs using the online form. All you need to do is to fill the online admission from then submit a copy of your identification documents, copy of your high school diploma, and two passport-size photos to the nearest AOU center. Alternatively, you may send these documents by mail along with the deposit slip for the admission fee to P. O. Box 84901, Riyadh 11681.

What are the admission requirements?

High school certificate of any stream.

I have a diploma and I want to continue, what should I do?

You can apply for credit exemption of up to 14 credit hours. Also, there are 12 language credits which you can pass by two language tests; one for Arabic and one for English. To apply for credit exemption, submit your diploma and transcripts to the Admission and Registration Office. It takes 6 to 8 weeks for the course to be discussed and approved by the committee. Then you will see the exempted courses on your transcript.

I am a student and I want to register for courses, what shall I do?

Registration is now online and you can register from home or place of work. Login and go to the Registration tab on the SIS . There you will see offered courses and the system will help you select the correct courses to register. In case you have problems, send your cases to Student Support System.

Okay I registered courses, where can I see the course materials?

Once you are registered you will be able to access all of your course materials online on the Learning management System (LMS). Your username is the same and your student ID. If you forgot your password, then use the service that will send your password to the email address we have in your profile. If this doesn't work, then we need to update your profile. Send us an email to Student Support System with information that proves your identity such as copy of you ID card. Sometimes we may not be able to verify your identity and hence we require you present your ID to one of our staff in the nearest AOU center.

How can I submit a TMA and how can I learn deadlines?

The Learning management System(LMS) has this information. Just login and visit the courses pages in the LMS. Look for "Assignments" link and see the deadlines and the upload boxes where you van upload you TMAs.

What is plagiarism and how can I avoid it?

We urge you to read this document that helps you understand the consequences of plagiarism in the AOU. Many thank for Jordan branch for compiling this document.

How can I withdraw a course or postpone an exam?

Application for W or IC is now online. You may apply from the Grades tab on the SIS. Select Appeal and fill the application form. You have to present your excuses in the application and send your supporting documents by email to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or by fax to + 966 1 2742696.

I want move to anther branch within the KSA, what shall I do?

SIS and change the branch by yourself. Click on your name and then change the branch from your profile. In some cases the host branch needs to know, call the registrar office and have them change the branch for you.

I changed branch within the Kingdom in the past and I have two IDs, what shall I do?

Send your IDs to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it so we combine your grades together.

I want to move out of KSA branches, what shall I do?

You are kindly requested pay the transfer fee through credit card, ATM, or bank deposited, then go to the finance department to complete the transfer.

I want to move to one of KSA centers, what shall I do?

Bring your approved application from the old branch to the Registrars Office, fill an online admission from, and finally send your IDs (old and new) to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it so we enter your transcript to the SIS.

I have problems with my grades, who shall I talk to?

The first person you should talk to is your tutor who taught you. If he/she is not accessible, then talk to the program coordinator (you wil find their numbers in the website). If none of this work visit the Student Support and explain your case in clear and concise manner. One of our staff will reply to you with 3 working days.

I already submitted a case, how can I follow it up?

Once you submit a case to Student Support you will hear from one of our staff with 3 working days. If no answer comes, then contact the Registrar Ofice at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or by phone at 2742277, Ext 123.

I am graduating at the end of this semester, is there anything I should do so I get my degrees on time?

Yes, we need to double-check and update your profile. Send a copy of your passport, high school certificate, the filled graduation form by email to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or by fax to + 966 1 2742696. Particularly, we need to update your name in both English and Arabic alphabet, birth date and place, email, mobile, and national ID or Iqama number, and high school stream (scientific, literature, etc).

I missed an exam and I have an approved online "IC" application, when is the make-up exam?

Attend the test with the coming group and write on the exam paper that you are attending the exam for the make up. Also write the semester you too the course

Can I take exams in a different branch or regional center than the one I am registered in?

No problem. Attend the exams and write on the exam paper that you are registering in a different branch. Also, inform the exam coordinator at the exam time and write to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it so they keep a note.

How can I see my grades?

Login to the SIS then go to Grades --> Transcript. If you want to see your grades details, then you can do so through the LMS.

What is meant by the letter grades "I", "P", and "IC"?

The letter grades "I" and "P" mean the course is still in progress. This is used for part1 of 2-part courses. The grade "IC" means incomplete which is usually given when you apply for incomplete and you get your application approved.

Is it possible that 2 students with different totals get the same letter grade?

In some cases yes. The letter grades are calculated based on the performance of the group you took the course with. Every course has an external examiner in the headquarters, who decides the scale of the letter grades for every branch and regional center. So the scale for a given course in a given semester varies per regional center.

Am I allowed to appeal for grades?

You can appeal the mark of TMA or MA within one week of announcing said mark after which the mark is considered final. Appeals must go through the system: made to the Tutor, and validated by the Staff Tutor. After the final grades are announced, students cannot appeal their grades.

How can I send a complaint?

You may send your complaints through the Student Support Unit.
A staff member will be in contact with you in less than 72 hours.

How many branches do you have and where are they?

Currently we have 6 regional centers in Riyadh, Jeddah, Alhasa, Hail, Dammam and Madinah.

What are telephone numbers of other regional centers in Saudi Arabia?

The contact information for our regional centers is given in this page.

How much does it cost to study at AOU?

The cost depends on the number of credit hours your register per semester. Generally, the cost ranges from 5000 to 7000 SAR per semester.

If you have specific questions, click here

You are here Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)