“The ITC faculty strives to be a leading institution of Open and Blended Education in the field of Computing and Information Technology in the Middle Eastern region and on the global level”.
“To provide world class education to our students in the field of Computing and Information Technology via the blended education mode of delivery in order to enable them to contribute towards the development of their societies. The faculty strives to instil awareness about sound ethical principles in our students and encourage them to apply these in life and in working environments. In addition, the faculty fosters creating, sharing, and applying knowledge in Computing and Information Technology, including in interdisciplinary areas that extend the scope of Computing and Information Technology and benefit humanity; to educate students to be successful, and effective problem-solvers and life-long learners who will contribute positively to the economic well-being of our region and who are prepared to tackle complex 21st Century challenges facing the world.”.
“The Faculty of Computing and Information Technology is an innovative and industry-oriented faculty, pursuing excellence and transparency in teaching, learning, cutting edge value-added research and consultancy, community outreach, as well as providing a vibrant student life. The faculty strongly believes in providing equal opportunities to all irrespective of race, gender, religion or any other kind of shortcomings or biases”.
Key Strategic Areas
- Teaching and Learning
- Innovation in Open Education
- Research and Development
- Organization and Management
- Quality Assurance
- Human Resource Development
- Gender/ Multiculturalism Mainstreaming
- Staff and Student Support Services
- Physical Infrastructure and Planning
- Resource Mobilization and Investment
The Faculty of Computing and Information Technology at the Arab Open University has gone through a process that aligns its objectives to the overall University strategic goals. To this end, the Faculty seeks:
- To encourage and facilitate quality learning and teaching, resources and practices in the field of Computing and Information Technology to attract and sustain a diverse community of students and the most qualified scholars.
- To provide professional development and instructional support for faculty staff to enable them to fulfill their critical roles in the University's core areas of teaching, research and community outreach.
- To promote its role as a teaching center in the field of Computing and Information Technology; to promote the importance of learning and teaching and to encourage synergy among research, learning, teaching, and service activities.
- To promote programs and practices that encourage and support critical literacy, social responsibility and involvement with the University community, the local region, and the world at large to support the application of learning, teaching and research to the needs of society.
- To actively encourage faculty staff to make use of the latest trends in using technology for learning and teaching.
- To open lines of communication between and among departments and administrative units to share teaching and learning information, resources, goals, successes and challenges and to enhance collaboration and cooperation in extending those successes.
- To actively engage in grant proposal writing and other forms of resource mobilization to enable the Faculty to support its goals.