The quality assurance strategy is a statement of the University’s commitment to assuring quality of its services to students and staff. It is in congruence with the larger institutional strategic plan that places pronounced emphasis on validation of its academic programmes with quality assurance agencies in Branch countries, towards widening the learning and teaching opportunities. It provides goals and objectives for implementing the University Policies and procedures and comprises of systems and mechanisms that contribute to quality enhancement.
• To develop a robust Quality Assurance system governing the operational academic and administrative functions of AOU.
• To enable the University to achieve the necessary local, OUVP and any other international recognition and accreditation for all its branches
• To ensure consistency of operation in the implementation of University Rules and Regulations and maintenance of AOU standards across all AOU branches.
• To support faculty initiatives which are likely to enhance academic standards, student learning experience and staff development.
• To assure that AOU student support strategies is fully implemented.
• To support development of internal procedures for periodic peer review, courses / programme review and internal self –assessment processes.
• To establish professional links with regional and international quality assurance agencies to incorporate internationally accepted QA standards.
• To revisit the structure and responsibilities of the University committees at both strategic and branch level with a view to developing effective implementation strategies.