The Arab Open University (AOU) invites applications for the post of Payroll Accountant. The candidate will report directly to the Human Resources Director. This vacancy is full time job under a one-year renewable contract at AOU – HQ in Kuwait.
1. Process the monthly payroll promptly & accurately after assuring that all required control mechanisms have been applied effectively.
2. Obtain the HR Director approval for the processed Payroll prior to sending to the Finance department for funding.
3. Prepare and distribute pay slips to all payroll recipients with 100% accuracy after depositing the Payroll in the beneficiaries’ bank accounts.
4. Ensure compliance of the payroll system with AOU related rules and regulations.
5. Prepare regular reports once the payroll cycle is complete and circulate it to the concerned parties as per agreed calendar with a copy to HR Director.
6. Calculate the overtime, annual leaves, and end of services of the AOU Employees.
7. Generate regular and special reports to the HR Director to satisfy specific information needs.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
1) Necessary Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
2) Minimum Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of practical experience in an accounting and payroll related activities.
- Effective communication skills
- Proficiency in the Arabic and English languages.
- Personable & high on collegiality.
- High computer literacy skills & proficiency in Payroll processing software.
- Knowledge of Payroll accounting HR Policies & Procedures.
- knowledge of Employee Compensation and Benefits Laws and Regulations
- Knowledge of reliant portions of Labour law.
- Knowledge of Oracle (HCM).