The Arab Open University (AOU) invites applications for the post of Payroll Accountant. The candidate will report directly to the Human Resources Director. This vacancy is full-time job under a one-year renewable contract at AOU – HQ in Kuwait.
- Process the monthly payroll promptly & accurately after assuring that all required control mechanisms have been applied effectively.
- Obtain the HR Director approval for the processed Payroll prior to sending to the Finance department for funding.
- Prepare and distribute pay slips to all payroll recipients with 100% accuracy after depositing the Payroll in the beneficiaries’ bank accounts.
- Ensure compliance of the payroll system with AOU related rules and regulations.
- Prepare regular reports once the payroll cycle is complete and circulate it to the concerned parties as per agreed calendar with a copy to HR Director
- Calculate the overtime, annual leaves, and end of services of the AOU Employees.
- Generate regular and special reports to the HR Director to satisfy specific information needs.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- Necessary Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of practical experience in an accounting and payroll related activities.
- Effective communication skills
- Proficiency in the Arabic and English languages.
- Personable & high on collegiality.
- High computer literacy skills & proficiency in Payroll processing software.
- Knowledge of Payroll accounting HR Policies & Procedures.
- knowledge of Employee Compensation and Benefits Laws and Regulations
- knowledge of reliant portions of Labour law.
- Knowledge of Oracle (HCM).