Title: Software Engineer
Immediate Supervisor: IT Manager
The Software Engineer’s role is the provision of technical development and support across a range of applications. Working in a diverse team, the Software Engineer requires strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills, teamed with an excellent knowledge of PHP, Mysql, Moodle and have an enthusiasm to work with different code languages.
- Working on leading the full software development lifecycle of systems.
- Scoping work to ensure all developments have sufficient information for costing and delivery timelines of new technologies and methodologies.
- Integrating, supporting, maintaining and documenting application functionality.
- Developing of customized features for Moodle including adding new features and updating synchronization scripts between SIS/LMS.
- Developing integration scripts using PHP.
- Configuring Linux cron jobs.
- Updating/Upgrading Moodle.
- SupportingAOU branches for Moodle and Website updates.
- Monitoring and Maintaining of LMS/online exam System/centralized course content System/website servers.
Formal Education & Certification
The Software Engineer much have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering and 3 - 5 years related experience.