Student Life/ Getting Started:
1. Reasons for Joining the AOU
The AOU is unique in the Arab world by virtue of its partnership with The Open University (UK), where its graduates receive two degrees, one from the AOU and a validated award from the OU UK. Furthermore:
· The learning system of the AOU is a blend of face-to-face tutoring and a self-instructional textbook designed for distance learning by the OU UK, and uses the latest applications of electronic technology in teaching and learning (e-learning)
· High quality academic programmes are carefully selected and designed to meet the needs of both local and international markets
· Only 25% student attendance is required, compared to traditional modes of higher education which helps students who have time constraints, and other commitments such as family obligations (e.g. children), or who have disabilities
· Courses are designed to accommodate working students and those commuting from remote areas
· High quality interactive educational materials are employed
· Mobility and opportunities for credit transfer across branches are possible.
The AOU encourages its students to become independent learners whereby self-learning is emphasized throughout their studies. This enables students to become lifelong learners beyond graduation.
The language of instruction at the AOU is English, which not only improves students’ proficiency in the English language, but also ensures better job opportunities after graduation.
- التالي >>