- Respecting diversity in admitting students and in hiring tutors.
- Encouraging innovation and excellence.
- Prioritising independent learning, especially at the on-line level.
- Highlighting the contribution of the Arab-Islamic nation in language, linguistics, literature and culture.
- Understanding and appreciating global contributions within the spheres espoused by FLS.
- Empowering students through confidence-building, measures and tools, and enabling them to progress.
- Continually revising study plans and assessment methods for the improvement of learning.
- Actively seeking out compatible and outstanding regional and international partners.
- Promoting cross-cultural understanding and respect.